Monday, June 20, 2011

It's Somebody's Birthday!!

Right after the Country Music Marathon in April, Letitia's first half marathon, I brought up the idea of running the Moon Pie 10-Mile run in Bell Buckle this past Saturday.  She told me that it was on a significant birthday of hers and that she thought it would be a great way to celebrate!  Now, of course, when she told me I thought she was talking about her 30th!   Surprise!  I was wrong!

I promised her when she told me that I wouldn't tell anyone about it.  I kept the secret until the day before the run and then Inez and I planned the surprise!  I found this lawn sign that we posted on the run route just after we turned off of Happy Valley Road:



And Inez and her kids made this one that we held up during the last mile of the race:


And then as she ran past we put her birthday 'medal' around her neck and of course missed the picture so Kay ran after her (because she could!) and got this great picture of the birthday girl...



Happy Birthday Letitia!  I hope you had a great one!!!!  Kay, Inez, Elizabeth, J.B. and I enjoyed celebrating it with you!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment